2021 Ikigai® question game (English edition)
This product is exclusively available for purchase for our Professional Certified Ikigai Coaches. If you want to participate in our Certification Program, please subscribe here first.
Enable your clients to unlock their Ikigai and grow your coaching business
63 Killer Questions
3 Key messages
Ikigai® questions game is totally unique. It's a structured methodology, offers deep reflection ànd it’s designed for application in real life.
It honors the uniqueness of your coachee. Not putting people in boxes or overly simplifying them into colors or numbers. Your client will experience your approach as very personalized. Tailored to their individual needs.
With this tool, you're able to offer something new, but with proven results. So you can differentiate yourself in a crowded market. And plant a seed to build up a business relationship with your clients for a long time.
We developed this tool, inspired on the way the island people from Okinawa lead their lives. Okinawans each embrace their own ikigai, which means: sense of purpose in life. An ikigai gives their lives purpose. It's a clear reason to begin each day.
IKIGAI® question game asks the right questions. Taking into account preferences, talents, skills and the application in a market with disruption, digitization and sustainability.
How to play IKIGAI question game?
- use it with your coachee in a one-on-one setting
- with two persons
- in a small group
- for team development
Who is using IKIGAI?
- Coaches and consultants worldwide.
- HR professionals and line managers with HR tasks.
- In education to support the career choices of students. Professors at schools and universities such as MIT Sloan, UCLA (Los Angeles), TWA (Texas Women's University) and MIT Sloan. In Thailand and in Japan it's also part of the curriculum at different Business Schools. Since May 2020, IMD from Switserland also started using it.
IKIGAI question game is structured in three parts. Each section contains a series of challenging and provocative questions.
Part 1: You love it. Deep dive questions to uncover what really drives your coachees at their deepest level.
Part 2: You're good at it. Questions to help unlock how someone really makes the difference. What are the biggest talents and skills of your coachee?
Part 3: Reality check. The application of Ikigai in real life! How will it all play out?
Ikigai is built on research & two decades of deep coaching experience
- The questions are built based on the research from the Okinawa Research Center for Longevity Study. Established in 1975, the OCS and its over 1000 participants have made important contributions to understanding the aging process and longevity. And a conclusion of the research is: knowing your Ikigai helps you to increase your chances for a long and meaningful life. So, never retire!
- We combined this research with our 25 year experience in coaching. Throughout the years, we have coached thousands of individuals through change.
Game design & face validity
- In the first development phases, we tested the game with our test panel. The panelists were hand-picked and we choose experienced and less experienced coaches to work with the first versions. Based on their feedback, we tuned our questions, fine tuned the methodologies to achieve face validity.
- When the first version was ready, we tested it with clients. One-on-one and in small groups of up to four people.
- Each game has a unique number and we stay in touch with our users when they start using the tool. We have designed a closed feedback loop for continuous improvement.
Your clients write their answers to each question on the cards. Afterwards your client keeps their personal game as a reference. Always use one game for each client. All the games are individually numbered. We keep score where we are with reaching our own Ikigai: enabling at least 100.000 people before the end of 2025 with unlocking their Ikigai.
Ikigai also serves as the input to create the execution plan.
You can use Ikigai at multiple crossroads during your coachees’ professional life: as a student, first and second job, mid career and late career. The Ikigai process provides you with a business opportunity to take this journey together with your client for many years.
Ikigai is millennial proof, gamified and dynamic
The game comes in a box that fits into your mailbox. We ship worldwide.
If you order Ikigai questions game, we will send you worksheets and the one-on-one instruction to use with the tool.
Why was Ikigai® Questions Game developed?
Ikigai Questions Game is developed in 2018 by Paul Donkers and Winny van der Burgt. Paul is an entrepreneur and business coach with more then two decades of experience.
Paul says: "with Ikigai Questions Game we can touch many more people. It's my Ikigai to help 100.000 people worldwide before 2025 to unlock their Ikigai. I believe that when people have better careers, they have a better life. For themselves and their families. Together we have the opportunity to make our lives a little better. And at the same time leave a healthy planet for our children".
Professional user certification
Do you want to accelerate your impact and grow your coaching business? We organize a monthly training to become a certified professional user.
As certified professional user you get access to our global network. Where you can grow your network to share, learn and grow.
We refer requests for an Ikigai coaching program to our certified professional users via our website.
Certified users receive a significant discount for all their follow-up purchases of Ikigai Questions Game going forward.
To ensure personal attention, each certification is with maximum five other professional users. We deliver in all time zones. It's an online interactive webinar via Zoom.
More information and subscribe here.
If you are a certified professional user of Ikigai Questions Game, you are eligible to start to work on our Yarak platform. Through this in house developed methodology, you enable your clients to execute their purpose. Translating their high level idea into the small action steps they need. Including a monitoring system for you and your coachee. Yarak is fully integrated with Ikigai Question Game in one eco system.
We ship worldwide. We compensate for our CO2 emissions via our logistic partner Post NL.